Redemption

So after last weeks catastrophe of a cooking experience, I felt like I needed to redeem myself in front of all of my blogger buddies. (I can pretend like all of you care and are in this with me right??) So instead of writing a never ending, boring post full of great excuses, ahem, i mean reasons, why lasts weeks dinner didn't turn out, I decided to instead give you all a yummy dinner idea for tonight. Drum roll please........... Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup! Who doesn't love a warm soup on a cold rainy day?? This recipe originally came from the Lion House cookbook, and I found it on this website. I made a few changes (added a few more cups of chicken broth, and boiled my noodles in veggies in the salt and pepper so it ended up having a little bit of a kick to it) but its great just the way it is! We served it with some french bread and butter, but it would be even better with a bread bowl. Hope you all enjoy!


Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


2 chicken breasts
5 cups chicken broth
1 C chopped carrots
1 C chopped celery (I substitute with frozen peas, cause that's how we roll around here)
1 C potatoes, diced
½ C chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 C evaporated milk or ½ C whole milk
8-12 oz uncooked egg noodles (homestyle)
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil then shred chicken. Heat broth, then add carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, and noodles. Simmer until veggies and noodles are tender. Add cream of chicken soup, milk, salt, pepper and shredded chicken. Simmer until heated through and ready to serve

4 comments:

Nate said...

mmm! Looks good. Ever since you introduced me to recipe blogs I am addicted! I have been trying a new recipe each week, so yes, I care! You 'inspired' me. :O)

(This is Lesa, not Nate, by the way)

The Sandovals said...

looks sooo yummy! I'm totally gonna try this recipe out! Recipe blogs are simply the best!

Kat said...

Awesome! I'm happy for you and this redemption. I LOVE homemade soups. I made an awesome Zucchini soup that my friend Cassie recommended, and now I'm totally hooked. Soups are the best! P.S. I like your updated picture on your blog. Way cute!

Matt 'n Amy said...

MMM! I do believe you have solved my "what's for dinner" dilemma! Thanks!