The Great Unknown

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.

Sometimes being patient is so hard - especially for me. I have the impatient quality down to an art. I can be very, very patient with people when they are taking a long time, or when someone is struggling. But when it comes to waiting for something to happen - that is where my impatience is golden. Right now, the hardest thing is the unknown. I am watching so much go on around me, and inside me, and I don't know what is going on with my future. It scares me because what if it all falls apart? I know my Heavenly Father has got everything mapped out great, but what if what I have been counting on isn't the direction for me to go in? And when will I find out? Today? Tomorrow? Next year?

I'm trying to be patient - "Come what may and love it," right?

1 comment:

Seth + Carlie said...

It is so hard not knowing the future! I am right there with ya!