pie oh near day

I never really cared much about the 24th of July until 2 years ago - Because that was the day my whole life changed. Sounds sorta cheesy and dramatic but its true. Wanna know why? Because that was the day I met the cute guy I am married to :)

2 years ago I was in a hard place.. I felt like my whole life had been turned upside down and that nothing was going how I wanted it to. Before, I had a plan. I knew exactly what I was going to do with my life and I felt very set and comfortable in those plans. Then it all changed and I suddenly had no direction to go in and I had no idea what to do. I asked my dad to give me a blessing and in that blessing he said something that has stuck with me ever since:

"Faith is an openness to possibilities."

I always like to know the plan and what I am going to be doing. Kinda boring, I know, but thats just me. So that was something I really needed to hear. I needed to take a leap of faith and trust that there would be someone to catch me at the bottom. I knew after hearing that that even though I felt lost and directionless, my Heavenly Father had a plan for me and knew exactly what was coming up in my (very) immediate future. So I prayed and told Heavenly Father that I trusted him and that I promised I would take any opportunity or follow anything he placed in front of me.

Two weeks later, on pioneer day, I met Jake :)

It might not be the most romantic of "how-we-met"stories, but it is our story and I am so grateful for it. I took that leap of faith and trusted that Jake was the one, and he has been there for me every step of the way since day one.

So that is why I love July 24th - because every year I get to celebrate the day we met and the be grateful for faith and trust and the best friend I've ever had.

This year to celebrate we went to the Real Salt Lake game with our good friends Mac and Katy. It was a lot of fun! Although I don't think that I will be doing anything like that again until I am done being pregnant.. Those seats are not made for a pregnant lady! It ended up being okay, I just got up and walked around and watched the game while standing so I was a little more comfortable. My list of things I can do while being pregnant is becoming shorter and shorter every day :) I felt super bad though.. When we were watching the fireworks after the game Hadley kept jumping and getting scared at all the really loud ones :( I felt so sad that I couldn't do anything to make it better! I don't think she was too traumatized though. And all in all we had a lot of fun and it was a great day. Till next year...

Me & Jake

Mac & Katy

This adorable little guy was who we got to look at and play with during the game - he had the most beautiful blue eyes and uneven smile ever :)




2 comments:

Seth + Carlie said...

I didn't know that about you and Jake! I am glad you were able to celebrate! That's so cute Hadley reacted to the fireworks!

Rebecca A said...

Cute! I love it :) P.S. you are GORGEOUS!