Sick Day/Catch Up

Man, lately I just haven't been in the blogging mood.. In fact the only mood I have really been in is the "lay-in-bed/on-couch-and-d0-nothing-but-eat-and-watch-tv" mood. That or a crafting mood. It switches back and forth i guess.. but normally its the laying around one. But I am getting so behind on things I figured I should probably start catching back up. sooo......

First things first: Where did June and July go?? I can't even remember what I did for two months. I'm pretty sure I went to school, went on a camping trip, got pulled over countless times for the SAME thing that wasn't my fault... and got fat. OH and I had two wonderful awesome baby showers thrown by wonderful awesome people :) I didn't take pictures so I don't have anything to show (maybe someone else did?) but they were so great and we got some things we really needed. So THANK YOU to everyone who came and to those who planned them. And one of these days while I am laying around I will write thank you cards....

Now for August.. I went with my family to Idaho last weekend for our annual "Grace Idaho Rodeo" trip - except the rodeo got replaced by a demolition derby. Ha it was awesome. Highlights of that was Brinley (my 3 year old niece) screaming and yelling "SMASH EM! SMASH EM! at the top of her lungs and being begged/talked into letting a face painting lady paint Hadley's face (a.k.a my tummy). So Brinley got her face painted with Hello Kitty, and we did this for Jake who had to stay back at home :(



I'm pretty sure that this made that lady's night - she was SO happy I let her do it.

Also, me and Jake had a "sick day" yesterday. It was bad :( Jake got an infection underneath one of his crowns on his teeth and he was in constant, super bad pain all evening/night on monday and then ALL day tuesday.. Poor guy couldn't eat, sleep or anything. And I wasn't much help because I was feeling sick (shocker, i know) and having kidney stone pain. So pretty much tuesday was no bueno. The only good part was we got to just lay around on the couch together all day and spend some quality sick time. That, and Hadley was SUPER hyper for about an hour and 1/2 straight so jake got to feel/see her moving allll over the place.

I think i'm caught up. I probably left out lots but I can always just make another post if I need to :) Man I should really do this more often so I don't have to write a whole book!

5 comments:

Dave and Lizzie Barrett said...

hahahahah... I LOVE that you let her paint your belly! Totally something you would see at a demolition derby/rodeo. haha.. so glad you got a picture.

rebecca said...

holy cow. her name is hadley. why cant i be as cute as you?

Steph said...

awesome belly painting! I can't believe you little girl will be here in a like a month!!! Your gonna be a great mom and I can't wait to see your sweet baby!

Kristin said...

HAHAHA I love your belly! Danica you crack me up. I hope Jake keeps getting better, poor guy!

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

Your tummy is so cute :) a cute belly makes a cute baby!!! I am so excited for you. Cute Pics!! I miss you guys! xoxoxo
let me know if you ever need anything .