You should probably read this

Okay, I am just going to come out and say it.
I am a blog stalker. And I very much enjoy it. I must say, you bloggers out there have some very interesting friends. Sometimes I will go from blog to blog, and by the time I am finished I have no idea how I got where I am at. Other times I will spend forever just reading one blog, and by the end I feel like the author and I are total bff's. Like, if I saw one of them on the street I might be tempted to talk to them. Ha.. embarrassing. I especially love reading blogs of girls who are pregnant. It is just so fun reading the experiences of people growing little people inside of them. And once they have the baby I always want to congratulate them and tell them how excited I am for them...until I remember I don't actually know them. Pathetic huh? Don't judge me please.

Anyways, I told you that story so I could tell you this one:

The other day I was reading a blog (blog stalking), and it had a link to a different blog of a 21 year old girl who is pregnant with twins. Wow. I admire her already. She had an amazing quote on there by Elder Holland and it hit me really hard. And everytime I read it, it means more to me than the last time. This quote can apply to so many people in so many different situations - and it applies to me perfectly in the things I am struggling with right now. Now, you need to read this quote - but not just kind of read it - really read it. When your mind starts to wander about half way through, stop, back up to where you started wandering, and start reading again. Apply every sentence to your own situation - I promise, its amazing:

"I have just two things to say to you who are troubled about the future. I say them lovingly and from my heart.
First, we must never let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. Every person in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty. This is the plan. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need.


Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ—that is the first principle of the gospel. We must go forward. God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities.


God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t believe."
--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Inspiring, no? I get little goosebumps each time I read it.


7 comments:

Katy said...

thanks for sharing Dani, a good reminder for me to try to be happy and not just hide while I watch the time tick by til April. I sure have enjoyed reading your blog! I feel like I know you so much better, and when I ran into your dad at a BYU game a couple weeks ago, I think I could have shared a few things with him! You're great!!! katy

B said...

I'm glad you posted this because I'm a blog stalker too. I found your blog, because you commented on Kaylie's blog and I was curious as to who was stalking her blog... If that makes sense. I just wanted to tell you that your blog is adorable, as is your family. I hope you don't mind if I check in every so often :)

Dave and Lizzie Barrett said...

Thank you for this. What an amazing quote. I also just noticed that you have my adoption button on your blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are wonderful.

Seth + Carlie said...

Ha ha I know that blog! It's a nice quote, and good to remember.

Steph said...

that's why I made my blog private to keep out wierdos like you!! Just kidding. We all blog stalk in a natural thing at least you have the guts to admit it right? What an amazing quote thanks for sharing it sure brightened my spirit! Also your little Hadley is a doll! Thanks for letting us come to her baby blessing!

Robin L Greenslade said...

I am a blog stalker, too! In fact I have no idea how I found your blog, I just did. I find that blog stalking help me grow as a person. I learn something everyday by reading the blogs of others. I don't intentially "blog stalk" nor do I intend harm. I just love to read about real life. It is just that simple.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

I love this quote as well, but you should read the entire talk. It's called "Terror, Triumph, and a Wedding Feast" by Jeffery R. Holland and it is AMAZING.