End of the Year Part One: Graduation Parrrtay

Hello blogging world, remember how i am a college graduate? Well, turns out that is a pretty big deal. And big deals get big parties. And big parties get big presents. Okay, now I am getting ahead of myself and giving away the good stuff. Let me back up... big deals get big parties.. okay so, my family threw me an amazing "Wahoo Danica graduated" party and it was the best party i've ever had in my honor. For starters my mom said she would make whatever i wanted for dinner and dessert. So we served Navajo tacos and fruit pizza - Delish. Next, my sister set up a homemade photo booth in the "hamster bathroom" (the hamsters have been dead for like 10 years and yet we still call it that..) and we all took turns holding up mustaches and taking beautiful pictures.



See what I mean? Fantastic right?

And to top it all off they made me a "Graduate '10" sash and put life size pictures of my face on popsicle sticks and held them up to their faces so that there were a bunch of "me's" everywhere I turned. Does it get cooler than that? Turns out it does.

Remember in the beginning how I said big parties=big presents? This party didn't disappoint. They sat me down, read me a *poem my dad wrote, and brought out this lovely thing for me to unwrap.


I was shocked. and ecstatic. and grateful. and embarrassed. I still don't feel like I deserve it.
I named her Luna Mac and I couldn't be happier :) I am one lucky lady.

*What An Education Didn't Do For Me/What And Education Did For Me
By Steven Waters

What An Education Didn't Do For Me
I studied with an eraser but I didn't erase my head.
I studied with a pencil but I didn't lose my lead.
I studied with a laptop but I didn't lose my lap.
I always carried a backpack that I never learned to snap.

I studied social deviance but it didn't make me a deviate.
I studied alternative cultures but it didn't make me a racist.
I studied general biology but it didn't make me a biologist.
I studied Deaf education but it didn't make me Deaf.

What An Education Did For Me
I studied mathematics and I've already started to multiply.
I studied power yoga and I levitate in the sky.
I studied language and culture and I got a language internship.
I studied health and wellness, that's why my body's ripped.

I studied with a baby as I've held her on my lap.
I now can take on anything; no one can give me crap.
I've learned to conquer mountains that appear in front of me.
It's done with work and backbone - it's called tenacity. 

:) Thanks Mom & Dad


7 comments:

Dave and Lizzie Barrett said...

How cool is your family!? Wow. How fun. That poem is really awesome.

rachel! said...

too fun! love your cute family :)

derek and kimber said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so freaking fun! I love your family. and what a generous gift! Enjoy it! You deserve it!!

Kati said...

That is so fantastic!! How awesome. And I love the poem! You are such a rock star, going to school while pregnant/with a baby, so awesome!

Kristin said...

love the poem love the mac! You lucky dog. :)

Sarah said...

YAY! Congrats on graduating! I am so excited for you! AND SO jealous that you are done! But, I have to agree with most of the other comments, your family is awesome! you guys have the funnest things to do! Love it!

Steph said...

Sounds fantastic! You are one lucky girl!! I got slammed with student loans when I graduated :)
You got some pretty cool parents!