packing


I just finished cleaning out and packing up all of Haddy's newborn stuff.. SO not cut out for this. When did my baby get to be 4 1/2 months old?? This is all going waayy to fast for me. When I signed up to be a parent I am positive I didn't check the box for time to speed up. Seriously, my emotions can't handle  this!

Confession: While I was packing up the new born onesies, I held them up on my shoulder and pretended she was still that little. Yes - It made me cry. I am that mom.

Confession #2: Sometimes in the middle of the night when I get done nursing her back to sleep, I hold her like this (since the only time she will allow this is when she is dead asleep) and I pretend she is still that little. 

Oh what am I going to do with myself? I am starting to worry that I am going to be that mom who cries every time my kid draws me a picture or brushes their own teeth. Who am I??? 

6 comments:

Lesa said...

I already feel that way about Asher. :(
I still feel that way about Maddox. Everytime he does something new I'm happy for him, and it's exciting, but a little sad at the same time.

Steph said...

It's okay I am "that" mom still! It okay it just means you love your kid tons!! She is sooo cute I really need to see her soon!!!

Jeannette & Brandt said...

I love being that mom. I cry over the dumbest things. I cant even watch any births(like on 16 and pregnant or TLC) because I bawl every time. She is SO stinking adorable though. I just want to snuggle her!

Brittany said...

Can I please come hold your baby soon?? That is the cutest picture ever!!

Lizzie - The Dancing Toad Blog said...

Oh this post just made me so happy. I love it. I'm glad you're "that" mom.

Lauren said...

Aw dani, this is such a sweet post. Watch I find myself never crying now, and when I start having kids, I'll end up being a cry baby.