36 to go...

At the rate I'm going, there is a good chance I won't make 50 books this year - seeing as how we are already over half way through the year haha.. Oh well. I'm really enjoying reading/listening to all these book regardless of what number I get to

Nurture Shock -- By Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman
This book was fantastic. I really can't say enough good about it or reccommend it enough. I have too much I want to say about it so I will follow this up with a post of it's own. It deserves it. But until then - read it!!

The King of Attolia -- By Megan Whalen Turner
Third book in this series, loved it!

The Help -- By Kathryn Stockett
This book is being recommended by people left and right, and I am no exception. I listened to this on on audio and I highly recommend it that why if you have the opportunity. It really helped to distinguish the characters. I loved it so much and I can't wait for the movie later on this year.

The Poisonwood Bible -- By Barbara Kingsolver
I was a little surprised by how much I liked this one. It was a tough read but since I listened to it on audio I think it helped a lot. I think if I would have read the text instead I would have had a hard time paying attention and understanding what was going on. Thats what I love so much about audio books - it completely brings the story to life in such a different way. It makes cleaning and doing chores a whole lot more interesting :) But I loved the characters in this book. My favorite was Adah, one of the twins in the family. Everyone thinks she is slow and doesn't understand much, but since the book takes place in each of the characters voices (the mom and all the daughters), you get to see her view of the world and how she sees things. I loved it.

Inside Out -- By Maria V. Snyder
I liked this one okay. It definitely wasn't my favorite out of all the ones I have read so far but it kept my attention enough to finish it. It had a couple of fun twists but it just wasn't my favorite. I think one of my problems was the main character, Trella, kinda bugged a little bit. I dunno, we'll see if I get around to reading the sequel.

Bossypants -- By Tina Fey
LOVED.THIS.BOOK. I love Tina Fey even more now and it made me want to watch 30 Rock a billion more times through. Only complaint was it wasn't long enough. I only had 5 hours and 33 blessed minutes of audio book before it was over... *sigh...*


2 comments:

Sara said...

loved the help. and poisonwood bible. i've wanted to read nurture shock but was waiting since i don't fall into the children category yet, but maybe i'll just go for it :)

Lesa said...

awesome. thanks for the recommendations.