Happy Birthday!

Remember how I said I would be done with these birthday posts last week? Yah, I lied. Sorry about that. I got so burnt out from the birthday festivities/emotional breakdowns/everything going wrong that I just sort of took a break. Whoops. But I am back and I am going to finish this burfday stuff if it's the last thing I do before I take a nap. So, Where were we. Hadley's birthday. Okay.

Her actual birthday was wonderful - really. Jake stayed home from work and we just got to hang out all day and stare at our little one year old. We stayed extra long in bed while she crawled around on us - I think that right there is one of the best things about being a parent - The in-the-morning-hang-out-time-in-bed. I seriously can't get enough of it. We ate breakfast (Hadley got hers on the red plate, of course),



Then after naps headed over to Farm Country and let Hadley love her life for a little bit being surrounded by animals. I wish I could explain to you how much she loves animals. I don't think it's possible though, you just have to see it. Come on over, we'll show ya. But for now I will just put up an insane amount of pictures...


hadley's cousins who came
and her friend Kate


 Stuck in jail


 "all done" with that picture









 Whew. Are you tired yet? Just so you know I only put up some of the pictures we took. Yah, kind of ridiculous. But don't worry! We are only half way through the day. Now you now why I was so tired.

So after naps, we went to dinner, then back to our place for cake and ice cream. I will try to keep the pictures to a minimum. But it IS Hadley's first birthday.. so...

You ready?


 Grandpa doing the famous "kiss your face"
 the dinner crew minu brett and hannah
Love that cheeser face
She LOVES this cart. Can you tell that Presley does too?


 Saying thank for you her presents..

 more kisses

kisses on skpe for aunt missy
The cake



 The aftermath.. There was way too much leftover and I am too embarassed to say how much of it I ate
 Love that girl :)

Well there you go - Hadipug is officially one, and becoming more and more like a toddler every day. It really is so much fun to watch her coming into her personality and being able to interact more. Does it stress you out a bit to know that this wasn't even her party? Yah, sorry. We still have one more "birthday" post to do. But I don't want to think about that so for now I am just going pretend I am done and you all can recover from all those pictures. We will tackle the party another day...








3 comments:

Kristin said...

SO FUN! And that cake, Dani, OMG was the most moist delicious cake I think we've ever had. YUM. Would love the recipe? (or the pin?)

Seth + Carlie said...

I love all the pictures! Glad you all had fun on her birthday!

Petersons said...

we sure love that miss hadipug! thanks for letting us spend the day with you!