slump.

I'm in a slump. blahh.. I hate feeling like this. Overwhelmed by every little thing. Bills are too much, cleaning is too much, and thinking about scouts just about does me in. And the more that gets added to the list of things to think about, the more I retract and don't think about it. Not a very functional way of getting things done, I can tell you that.

I am grateful, however, to have something like this. To know that if we will stop and take the time to listen, we will receive the comfort we need. To be told things like this:

"Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love."


 To remind me that I am not forgotten. That my weaknesses will one day be made my strengths. That I don't need a "golden ticket" to have peace and happiness in my life right now. And that although I am not perfect, neither is anyone else around me - no matter how put together they may seem. Things will look up, as long as I don't forget the "why" of what I believe. I cannot wait for conference weekend this coming week - I am in need of some great uplifting.


3 comments:

Jeff and Kay said...

I totally feel the same way you do right now and that talk was so good to hear. I am also excited for conference because some uplifting talks would be so great right now.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

I didn't get the chance to listen to conference this last weekend but it sounds like I totally need to. Thanks for posting this! Btw, I just got called to scout as well...so weird!

Steph said...

I can relate to the slump! Love Uchtdorf he's amazing his messages never cease to impact my life immensely! Conference weekend is always the bomb and so is the food!