Spread Goodness


10 years ago today I remember where I was and what was happening around me. I remember sitting in French class watching and waiting to see what would happen next. I remember them telling us if we needed to leave class, they had school counselors we could talk to. I remember not believing that it was real. It wasn't until I saw the pictures/footage of people jumping out of the building that I got that sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach knowing that it was all real. I still get that feeling every time I see a picture or video of that. It's still hard to believe that something like that happened in my lifetime, and its hard to see what the world is coming to.


But then I remember that just two days after the 9 year anniversary, the most beautiful thing that has happened in my life occurred: my baby was born. Nothing is a truer testament of hope, faith and love in this world today for me than that event. It reminds me that through all of these dark, evil, and terrible times we see unfolding around us, there will ALWAYS be good. And the good is getting stronger just like the bad is. Even on a day like this, when its hard to see past what really happened and all that was lost, there is still beauty in today. And if we can't see it, maybe we need to be the ones to make it.

While never forgetting what happened, I hope we can not dwell on all that was lost, but rather go out and put some goodness back in the world. And lets spread it as far as we possibly can.





2 comments:

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Awe this is a great post. I was in band class in 8th grade when I heard and didn't even really understand what was going on. Your baby is precious! My sister in law just had a baby earlier this morning so kind of crazy!

Ashley

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Loved this post! Thanks for sharing!