Disconnect to Reconnect


I feel a little too connected these days. Facebook, Email, blogging, etc. I'm always connected to something online one way or another. All of these resources are so wonderful in some ways, but distracting and sometimes destructive in others. I want an "off" button, but I'm too distracted to find one. I need balance. I'm not quite sure how to get there, but I'm going to try.

I need to breathe more.

I need to be still.

I need to be able to look around my life and just feel peace about it all. I want to let go of all the goals and to-do lists and just be. Be with my daughter and my husband and the people around us - not just their pictures on Facebook. And I still want to get stuff done. 

Balance. It's a fine line, right?

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I totally hear you on this issue... and I don't even have a smart phone! Lately, I've been trying to limit myself to about 30 minutes of fb/blog time per day. It's making me feel more productive and leaves more time for living life!