Thoughts

Hadley's 2 in one month from yesterday. Which basically means she is two, like, tomorrow. Seeing that child grow and learn is one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed, but it's still hard to watch her grow up. And that dang Taylor Swift song that made me sob when she was just born due to all my crazy-mom hormones? Yeah- still a crazy mom even without the hormones. Still crying.

Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up

Sobbing. I'm telling you, something is not right with me. 

Although the whining she is currently doing - and has been doing since she woke up - makes the idea of her growing up seem a little bit easier to handle. I think Heavenly Father programmed whining into children so that you can handle the idea of them one day moving out. Whining will be my downfall.

Also - Madi leaves tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

That song gets me every time too. Seriously, it is dangerous for me to listen to the country station. This is why I am SO excited to have another baby though because it breaks my heart that both of my girls are growing up. Every day I just want to freeze them(not in a freaky way) and keep them little forever!

Carlie said...

I can't believe Hadi is almost already 2. I still remember sitting at Zupas while you were pregnant! And good luck to Madi!