Faith

I found this quote in a past blog entry a couple years ago - one that I had completely forgot I ever wrote. Today I am so grateful for this blog and the documentation and journal of our lives that it gives to me and my family. I don't blog for anyone else. I don't do it to get followers. I blog for me and for my family. And I blog so that maybe in a few years, on a day when things might not be going so well, I can look back and find inspiring words like these to pick me up and carry me to where I need to be. And that is a beautiful thing.


"I have just two things to say to you who are troubled about the future. I say them lovingly and from my heart. First, we must never let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. Every person in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty. This is the plan. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need.


Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ—that is the first principle of the gospel. We must go forward. God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities.


God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t believe."
--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

4 comments:

Carlie said...

Oh man..I needed this quote today. Thanks for sharing again!

rachel said...

Looks like I'm not the only one who needed it today. I'm sitting on my floor, with my feet close to my space heater, crying my guts out over how little faith I have. That quote is the kick I need today to start making my future brighter. Thanks, darling!

Mrs. Osmond said...

Loved this post, and this quote. Do you know when and whereElder Holland said that quote? Seriously might be my new quote to live by. Thanks for sharing Danica.

Ashley said...

I wish I you could see the tears my dear friend. They are such good happy ones. This post was an absolute answer to my prayers! Thank you for being willing to share it! Hugs.