I want to quit facebook



I seriously do. I'm just kind of over it. When I was watching this clip all I could think was "DO IT. Get rid of facebook nowwwwwwwwwww." Don't other people get sick of being that connected all that time? I mean most of the people I am friends with on there are the people I would avoid at the store just because we're not really friends but yet I know everything they've done in the last year. Sorry, that's awkward. It's like a 24/7 creepy stalker high school reunion where you never know who's looking at you. The whole "being too connected" is one reason I am scared to get a smart phone of any kind (yeah, I know, I'm like the last person on earth without one). I get so hooked on constantly checking things when I'm bored, and I just think there are way better things I could be doing with my time.

And then I remember pictures like this that get posted on my timeline:


Or what about that great sloth video or all the 30 Rock stuff from Rachel? Where will all that greatness come from???

And how will I live without being able to see Jess's status's on a regular basis?

I took a "week off" of facebook due to feeling a little closterphobic. I went the whole week thinking, wow, see, I'm not missing anything! I could totally get rid of this.

And then I logged back on and EVERY status I saw got the reaction of "WHAT?? SHE'S ENGAGED?" or "She's going on a MISSION??" or "Holy, when did she get PREGNANT??" .. And just like that I was sucked right back in.

So, I don't know. What should I do?

5 comments:

Brissa said...

I deactivated for a few months and I loved it. not having that social drug was amazing. it freed up a lot of time. but I will admit that sometimes Facebook just had gems.

Lynette said...

I know exactly what you mean about being "too connected". Sometimes it feels like people are so wrapped up in checking FB that they are missing all the great and important things right in front of them.

rachel said...

Okay, that video spoke to my soul. I think about deleting Facebook all the time but I'm too chicken. I could definitely spend a lot less time on it because it makes me more annoyed than sad. Maybe I should just purge my friends list of anyone who has never posted a 30 Rock quote or video.....

Jeannette & Brandt said...

I want to delete my facebook account all the time. It really is such a waste of time and I get sick of reading all those status updates with the "daily checklist". And dont worry, I dont have a smart phone either and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything!!

Cassidy said...

I did no facebook for 6 weeks. It was wonderful. Then I checked back once a week. You can totally do it. Now I just have to deactivate mine...