"3 Things I Wish I Knew Before We Got Married"

Have you read this article yet? I love it.

Over the past, ohh I don't know.. 8 months? I've been studying topics relating to marriage alongside/combined with my scripture study. Seeing so many relationships and marriages falling apart around me made me realize pretty fiercely the importance of a strong marriage. If I wanted to be in a solid place 20 years from now, I had to start making some important changes in the way I viewed and treated my marriage. Little changes over time = big results, right?

What I loved about this article is that it validates everything I found within the church from a source outside the church. I love when those two things come together like that. His main points are:

1. Marriage is not about living happily ever after (this is the one that rocked my world the most, and that I figured out while reading the quote in this post.  I love it)
2. The more you give to marriage, the more it gives back.
3. Marriage can change the world (because of your children)

Married or not, do yourself a favor and read the dang thing.

3 comments:

tiffandbrig said...

Thank you so much for this article! I really needed the new perspectives - not because there is anything at all wrong with my marriage, quite the contrary in fact, but because I needed to further develop the larger picture of marriage. I loved this so much!

Jessie said...

Just what I needed today. Thank you! Now, can we have a discussion on ways to put our husbands first? :)

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Great article! Thanks for sharing. I really loved that quote about about marriage in the first section!