halfway

I normally keep these baby-growing updates to my personal blog, but 20 weeks is a big deal (this pregnancy stuff is tough business), and I think it warrants an update here.
+ I'M HALFWAY. Just needed to get that out there.

+ We're finally on the downhill slope of being sick (i hope). Only having to take one small Zofran in the morning is a nice change to what it's been in the past, and there have even been 2 random days where I made it without taking one at all (it's a bigger deal than you'd think). Everything is still tougher than usual, and I often feel like I'm wading through mud just trying to accomplish simple tasks, but this stage is so much more manageable and I think I could be okay with feeling this way the rest of the pregnancy.

+ Things I'm looking forward to after pregnancy: Yoga and not being scared of running errands and eating food. Ohhhh simple things, how I miss you.

+ I can feel this guy moving many times throughout the day and I love it. This week was the first time I felt limbs moving rather than just a bump here and there. And Jake can finally feel him! I've been feeling him from about 14 weeks, so it's fun to share it with Jake now too.

+ I'm gaining weight! So far I am up 5-6 pounds from my lowest during this pregnancy, but still about 9-10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm back to eating pretty regularly though so we'll get there, slowly but surely.

+ Hadi loves this little baby. She talks and jokes with my stomach all the time, and makes sure to say good morning and goodnight to him on a regular basis. And even though they are slightly uncomfortable on my part, the one-sided "tickle fights" she likes to have with him are pretty cute.

+ I don't remember cramping when I was carrying Hadi, but I do pretty much weekly with this guy. By the time Sunday rolls around, my body is exhausted and I cramp on and off all day. Nothing that makes it concerning, just a little uncomfortable.

+ Much to my sadness, eating handfuls of candy corn does not go over well while pregnant. It's too bad really, because there is still half a bag sitting in the cupboard and it is going to get eaten one way or another.. This baby seems to prefer all things fresh - especially salads and lots and lots of peaches. No complaints here! I haven't had a burger in almost 5 months, and at this point I'm really okay with that.

+ Major plus with this pregnancy? I'm going to be huge when it's freezing outside instead of right in the dead heat of summer. I am thanking everything that is good and holy for that little fact right there.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Can I just say how excited I am for you?? I better be getting an invite to the baby shower, just puttin it out there :) I hope you continue to get feeling better and better each week. I seriously hope the second half with this one is easier than with Hadi. You're adorable!

Jessie said...

Wow, good for you for hanging in there and sacrificing your comfort for precious baby #2. Mothers are amazing. I hope you continue to feel better!

Brittany Bauer said...

AHHH!! I am so freaking excited! January 20th he's so going to be here ;) Umm.. didn't you say with Hadi you couldn't even walk into Zupas and with this little one all you want is salad!? I feel a Zupas date happening really soon with us :)

Dave and Lizzie said...

Yay for half way!! You are darling and waaay tiny! I am about the same gestation as you but MUCH larger. So glad you are feeling better.

Brissa said...

hadi will always be my favorite.
i mean tickle fights? come oooooon.