We did it.

So, we did it.

My mom and I started a preschool.
This is something we've talking about for years, but it was always just "well if we ever have our own preschool we could try {this}." And then one day we started changing up my parents basement and adding a whole lot of kid-sized furniture and learning materials. Before we knew it we had plans for a preschool garden, a sandbox, and more lesson ideas than we knew what to do with.
SO WE DID IT.
Our preschool is more of a play-based learning style, with influences from Montesorri, Tools of the mind, American Sign Language/Signing Time, outdoor exploration and Yogakids. Basically everything I could ever want in a preschool for Hadley. We have so many lesson ideas it's hard to know where to start, and I get more excited every time I think about it. Nature journals? Uh huh. Kid-sized yoga mats for daily practice? You bet. ASL learning and practice? Of course, what did you expect? YOU GUYS! We are going to have a blast.
Today was our first day and it just made me more excited for the rest of this school year. It's one of the best jobs I can think of having, and I get to work right along side my mom and my daughter. Does it get better than that?

We have limited spots open this year due to the fact that I have a child growing inside me and my mom is finishing up her degree. But if you or someone you know is interested, shoot me an email and I'll give you the deets! (Danicaw87 at gmail dot com)



5 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

This is seriously amazing! I remember playing in that basement when we were kids and now it looks completely different! I wish I lived in Utah so that my girls could go there!

Jessie said...

This is so COOL!!! I wish I could send Jed over. :) Since he has two years before Kindergarten, I thought I'd start sitting down with him at least once a day to play/learn colors, numbers, letters, etc. But this is waaaay better! I am totally lame compared with this. How exciting. Best wishes!

Carlie said...

Awesome! That sounds so fun!

rachel said...

I'm willing to marry the next guy that talks to me, immediately have a baby, and move to Utah just so my kid could go to your preschool! I am SO happy for you!!! And PROUD! Did I mention proud??? This is so exciting and wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tiff Berthold said...

This is amazing! I bet you two will be in high demand soon! So, I don't have babies yet, are puppies allowed? Or will I have to wait till I have toddlers??