Moved

Let me throw out some advice real quick:

Don't pack AND move your whole house all within 24 hours. Also, seriously, don't do it while you are pregnant. The consequences of something like that are things like extreme exhaustion, confusion, unprocessed sentimental emotional instability, temporary insanity, crying for undetermined amounts of time, and pulled butt muscles.
It's no secret that we have been trying to get out of our apartment for a while now. We stayed for so long because, for the most part, we really did like the place, and our rent was real cheap. We simply couldn't afford to move anywhere else. So we put up with maintenance problems and "other issues" for the 4 years we called that apartment our home.
Old address

Then 2 Fridays ago I got a call from my dad saying my Grandma was moving the next day, and she was offering to let us move into her house until she decided what she was going to do with it (huge answer to prayers).

Um, yes.

That was September 27th, which meant that the first of the month was only a few days away and we wanted to avoid paying as much rent on our apartment as possible. That meant getting out fast.

Jake's dad was letting us borrow his truck and trailer the next day to move my Grandma, and somewhere in the middle of all the confusion, the idea of "why don't we move as much of our stuff as possible while we have free moving vehicles and people to help?" became our actual plan.

So Saturday morning/afternoon the girls packed up our whole apartment while the guys moved my Grandma. Then afternoon/evening rolled around and we loaded up every car possible, along with two different trailer loads, and we moved everything to south Provo.
Our lives packed into the new garage

Everything else is a blur. The next few days were spent back and forth picking up little things we left behind, crying, cleaning, sleeping, dumpster diving for my wallet that got thrown away in the cleaning, and unpacking. Between the no sleep, the pregnancy hormones, and the chaos, I don't exactly know how I survived that week. But hey, here were are 2 weeks out and 3/4 of everything is "unpacked." And by "unpacked" I mean "out of the box, but laying somewhere on the floor." So, we're getting there?
last family picture at "the red house"
Trying to take "our last family picture" looked more like this than the picture above
"goodbye house"
24 weeks and unpacking

Oh, and did I mention we went from a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment, to a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house? Yeah, we are pretty thrilled. WE HAVE A TOY ROOM AND A BACKYARD. So although it's not a permanent situation, and we are not exactly sure where we will be calling home this time next year, we are so grateful to be where we are at for the time being.

Now off to unpack another box.. And by that I mean take a nap.


3 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, my! I don't know how you did all that so fast! I'd be a mess even if I wasn't pregnant. But I am so happy for your new place to welcome a new baby. Congratulations!

Danica Holdaway said...

You are kind of superwoman!!! I hope you found your wallet! Moving is so stressful I had a huge adrenaline dump in my system just READING this. So props to you for being amazing.

Katy said...

Wow, crazy!! I am so excited for you!!! I hope you get some sleep. Unpacking can wait until you get all that nesting energy.