26

Not a lot of words this birthday, just a lot of feelings. The closer I get to bringing this little boy into our family the more I feel like I'm pulling inward. Becoming more of an observer of everything around me instead of a participant. That made this birthday a little different, but wonderful all the same. I was surrounded the entire day by my favorite people and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Surprise birthday doughnuts for breakfast
 He surprised me by staying home from work and he put my shoes on for me. It was a good morning.
 Bum scratcher
 Birthday Buddy
too much food.

I just realized I forgot a picture with the other birthday girl, so, boo. Next year I guess. I'm so grateful for birthdays and for all the people I get to spend them with. And for birthday blog posts that make me cry lots of hormonal tears. And for the baby that I will get to actually hold on my next birthday instead of just feel stretching the limits of my uterus.

Also, I apologize for saying uterus. 

Happy 26th to me - I'm thinking of making this next year the best one yet.

2 comments:

M. said...

Haha, I love that you apologized for "uterus". I'm glad that you had a lovely day! And I remember the blessing that is someone else putting on your shoes. Not too long now, girl! Happy Birthday!

Lauren said...

Happy birthday! uterus. you kill me every time!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS