A time and a season

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven" source

Time feels like it is literally flying past me. The days are short, the months are short, the years are short - it's all short. I look back at this blog over the last while and I'm sad how much has gone undocumented. So much of Carsen's first year of life has gone unwritten, besides hundreds of notes tucked away in corners of my phone. Writing and sharing here has felt so overwhelming and so I put it out of my mind.  "a time and a season" though, I guess. And this time and season has been filled with self discovery and healing for me. There's been a lot of that going on, and it was so very needed. I'm almost in awe at the changes that have slowly made their way into my life and morphed into wonderful new habits. I can finally sit and think about the different facets of my life and feel pleased with each one. I can see clearly the growth I want as well, but I feel like I can continually move forward to that while still being confident and proud of who I already am. 


Slowly but surely, I'm getting ready for a little more. I've got my fingers crossed that the rest of this year is filled with a little less being overwhelmed, and a little more writing and documenting this life that I get to be a part of. 

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Oh this was beautiful and so much of what has been on my mind. So often we don't see the progress being made in our lives but when as time goes on and you take a look back you can really see the changes, and the movement in the right direction. Makes all those every day moments worth it. :) I think the same goes for documenting things about our lives. We have to live it first and foremost, and sometimes the documenting part gets put on the back burner. But I think we will look back and be thrilled we wrote down and documented what we did, and be surprised at just how much of a legacy we really did preserve.