Preschool 2014-2015

Another year of preschool come and gone.

I won't pretend I didn't get a little emotional saying goodbye to those kids that afternoon. The kids who started this journey with us our first year are moving up to bigger and better things. Including Miss Hadley.

Hadley turns 5 years old 2 weeks past the deadline for kindergarten. Which leaves us with practically a full year to keep her challenged, excited, and away from both of us losing our minds. So for both of our sanity, Hadley is going to a new preschool for her last year, and we are getting almost a whole new set of kids for ours. I don't know if will ever get use to all the change and growing up, but I'm grateful for the fun and enriching year we had, and I'm excited for new one that sits before us. 
For our last day of preschool, the kids performed their "Very Hungry Caterpillar" play (they made all their own props!), received their pile of treasures from the year to take home (nature journals, daily plans and writing practices, one of the books we made throughout the year, and a card from us), and that was that. Before I knew it the chaos had settled and each kid had hugged me goodbye before setting off to begin their own summer. It was over just like that. 

It was such an honor to be entrusted with those kids, and to have played a small part in their year. I love my title of "miss dani," and I am excited to hear it again next year. I also am excited to wake up knowing i have no where I HAVE to be on Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 9:30 am. 

Let the summer activities begin!

No comments: